The following information is concerning the NEW Face Covering Guidance from the Kentucky Department of Education, Commissioner Glass.
Each of the new exemptions are outlined and if your child fits into one of these categories please submit the Face Covering Form to your school principal. Click "Read More" for full details.
Exemptions from the Face Covering Requirements
The following individuals are exempted from the face covering requirements outlined in 702 KAR 1:195E:
• Children under the age of 2;
• Any person with a disability whose disability prevents the person from safely wearing a face covering, or any person with a physical or mental impairment documented by a medical professional as preventing the person from safely wearing a face covering;
• Any person who is deaf or hard of hearing and is actively communicating, or any person who is actively communicating with someone who is deaf or hard of hearing, and is able to maintain a distance of six (6) feet from individuals who are not members of the person’s household;
• Any person engaged in work that a state or federal regulator has concluded would make wearing a face covering a risk to their health or safety;
• Any person who is seated and actively consuming food or beverage;
• Any person who is obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of the face covering in order to perform the service;
• Any person who is required to temporarily remove the face covering to confirm their identify for security or screening purposes;
• Any person who is giving a speech or broadcast to an audience and is able to maintain a distance of six (6) feet from all individuals who are not members of the person’s household;
• Any person who is in a swimming pool or other body of water;
• Any person who is actively engaged in exercise;
• Any person who is engaged in a lawful activity where federal or state law prohibits wearing a face covering;
• Any person who is sleeping or unconscious, or who cannot otherwise remove the face covering on their own;
• Any person who is in an enclosed room and no other individuals are located inside the enclosed room, other than individuals who are members of the person’s household.
Download Mask Exemption Form