Click on "Sunburst" below to view image:
1) The first step that I took was using the effect tool Julia Fractal from the Paint.Net program.
2) Next I added a background cloud effect in a new layer to keep the picture from being empty.
3) Next I bulged the image in many places to create a 3D effect.
4) Then I darkened the edges of the background to bring more focus to he brighter colors, afterwards I added a texture to the background to bring even more attention to the brighter colors.
5) Afterwards, I moved into Photoshop to begin finalizing the image.
6) First I used the burn tool to darken some of the less important bright areas.
7) Then a smudge effect was used to center focus instead of having a full picture of items.
8) The final effect placed onto the image was the sponge effect removing color from around the corners to create a border around the main area.