Mr. Davis' Wonderful World of Literature
Purpose: STLP is often asked to assist teachers in the school. Mr. Davis is in the process of 'flipping' his classroom by creating videos for students to view outside of class as homework. I worked with Mr. Davis for several days doing the filming and editing and created the video for his students to view.
- Prior to filming the video, I found an image from Google Images. I contacted Universal Studios, the copyright holder, to get permission to use the background image for educational purposes.
- I used the quick selection tool in Photoshop to separate the desk and chair from the background.
- After filming the video, I imported my photoshopped image, audio from an iPhone using RODE rec to record in WAV, and the video from an SD card into Adobe Premiere Pro.
- I dropped the Ultra Key plugin on my video footage along with a four point garbage matte to mask out the green.
- Then I used the RGB curves tool to give the image more contrast since I shot with a cinema profile.
- I dropped a compressor and gain plugin on my audio to get it to a reasonable listening level since I recorded quite soft to avoid clipping. I also added a limiter to the master track in the mixer to avoid any and all clipping.
- After doing all of my editing, I added additional images (free for educational use) in front of and behind my subject to give the video even more of a 3D effect.
- I added the titles last, and it was as simple as creating a template and copying that over and over again for each of the different titles.