Campbellsville Independent Schools provides students the opportunity to learn and grow through Franklin Covey’s ”Leader in Me” curriculum, which features The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Students spend time studying the habits in the classroom and learning how to apply them to their everyday lives.
Parents can also learn the habits by attending various training sessions, hosted by the elementary, middle and high schools.
For more information, call (270) 465-4162.
“People who live by the character ethic have strong roots, deep roots. They withstand the stresses of life, and they keep growing and progressing.”
--Stephen R. Covey
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People:
1. Be Proactive – I am free to choose and am ultimately responsible for my happiness.
Based on the principles of responsibility, choice, accountability, initiative and resourcefulness.
2. Begin with the End in Mind – Clearly defining my vision and purpose in life will make all the difference.
Based on the principles of vision, commitment and purpose.
3. Put First Things First – I spend time on what’s most important.
Based on the principles of focus, integrity, discipline and prioritization.
4. Think Win-Win – There is plenty out there for everyone, and more to spare.
Based on the principles of mutual benefit, fairness and abundance.
5. Seek First to Understand, then to be Understood – I have greater influence with others if I truly understand them first.
Based on the principles of respect, mutual understanding, empathy and courage.
6. Synergize – Let’s come up with something that’s better than what either of us has in mind.
Based on the principles of creativity, cooperation, diversity and humility.
7. Sharpen the Saw – I take time for myself every day because it gives me the ability to do everything else.
Based on the principles of renewal, continuous improvement and balance.
Source: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Signature Edition 4.0