Welcome to the CMS Library Website!
My name is Mrs. Cobb and this is my fifth year as your library media specialist. I have been teaching for 20 years and have a bachelor's degree in business education, a master's degree in library media science and a Rank I as a reading and writing specialist. In addition to managing the library, I also teach journalism and am CMS yearbook advisor.
Click on this link to access our online card catalog system, Destiny. In Destiny, you can search by keyword, title, author, or series to see what is available in our library. You also have the option to search the high school and elementary libraries as well.
If you are not familiar with Destiny, instructions for using Destiny are included in the following link in Powerpoint format.
How to search for a book.ppt
Accelerated Reader (AR) is incorporated into all of our Language Arts classes. The AR policy is listed on the CMS website, but if you would like to check and see if books that you have at home qualify for AR points, you can use the following link: http://www.arbookfind.com
Monday - 8:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Tuesday through Thursday - 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The library offers extended hours 4 days a week to allow students to visit the library before and after school.
Daily Class Schedule:
Flexible Scheduling is available daily for student checkouts, AR tests and use of the computer lab.
- All students are allowed to check out two books at a time. The books are checked out for two week terms, at which time they need to be returned to the library or renewed. Books need to be brought to the library to be renewed.
AR Test Policy:
- Bring the book with you to the library.
- Books must be checked out overnight before the AR test can be taken.
- Maximum of one test per day.
- Tell the librarian you have come to take a test.
- AR tests must be taken at school.
Overdue Book Policy:
- Any student who has an overdue book of longer than 30 days will not be able to check out any other materials until they have either returned the book or made arrangements for payment.
CMS Library Computer Lab:
We have a lab of 28 computers in the library for student and classroom use. The majority of these computers were purchased in 2010 and 2011 in order to offer our students current technology for research, study and projects.
Click here to view the CMS LIbrary Newsletter for the first nine weeks of the 2015-2016 school year.
Email Mrs. Cobb for information on any resource available in the library: firstname.lastname@example.org