GUIDE TO SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED IN KENTUCKY
Follow this link https://www.kheaa.com/pdf/pubs/ky/ahe/ahekyscholar.pdf to find a vast number of scholarships that range in value and are only offered in KENTUCKY, some can be worth a large amount of money while others are smaller but every amount helps! Deadlines vary, so please review closely!
MANY NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!
Follow this link https://www.lendedu.com/blog/scholarships and make sure to scroll to the bottom because most links have multiple pages!
LARGEST SELECTION OF NATIONWIDE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS ON THE WEB
Follow this link www.studentscholarships.org to find a vast number of nationwide scholarships that range in value, some can be worth a large amount of money while others are smaller but every amount helps!
DEADLINE: January 29, 2018
HEALTHCARE LEADERS SCHOLARSHIP
The Healthcare Leaders Scholarship program annually awards 15 scholarships of $1,000.00 to help pay for college expenses. To be eligible, students must:
- You must be at least 17 years of age.
- Be accepted to or currently attending a nursing or medical related program at an accredited institution.
- Have a current GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Submit a 600 to 1,000-word essay explaining what they hope to accomplish during their career in the medical field and how the scholarship would help fulfill those goals.
- For more information and an application, CLICK HERE.
DEADLINE: February 1, 2018
JACKIE ROBINSON FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
The Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship could be worth up to $30,000 and is now available at www.jackierobinson.org. The JRF application is the vehicle through which more than 4,000 talented young minority high school students apply to become JRF Scholars and carry on the civic-minded legacy of the Foundation's namesake, Jackie Robinson. To be eligible, students must:
- Be a graduating, Minority High School Senior and a U.S. citizen.
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year institution within the United States.
- Demonstrate a dedication to community service.
- Present evidence of financial need.
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1,000 combined on math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 21.
- Not possess a degree from a 2- or 4-year college when applying for the scholarship.
DEADLINE: February 1, 2018
CIVIL ENGINEERING SCHOLARSHIP
The Kentucky Transporation Cabinet awards 10 - 20 new scholarships each year to qualifying students interested in attending the University of Kentucky, Western Kentucky University or the University of Louisville to obtain a Bachelor's of Science in Civil Engineering. Students can also take classes at other Kentucky state colleges / universities, with approved programs, before transferring to WKU. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Submit a completed applicaiton, and other required documentaion. All information can be found HERE.
- College Freshman & Sophmores currently receive $6,200 per semester, while Juniors & Seniors receive $6,600 per semester to apply toward tuition, books, etc. This scholarship can be worth over $51,000!
- ACT composite score of 24 and maintain a 2.5 GPA while in college.
- Students are expected to work for the Cabinet upon graduation for each year they received a stipend.
DEADLINE: February 28, 2018
2017 CYBERBULLYING FOR TEENS SCHOLARSHIP
The 2017 Cyberbullying for Teens Scholarship is an annual scholarship that awards $1,000.00 to undergraduate or postgraduate students. To be eligible:
- Applicant must write an article 600-1000 words on the topic "Why is it important to stop cyberbullying?"
- To apply follow this LINK
DEADLINE: February 28, 2018
KENTUCKY FARM BUREAU SCHOLARSHIP
Kentucky Farm Bureau will award 95 county and state scholarships to high school seniors for the current school year. Scholarships may be applied to tuition, housing, books and other educational expenses. To be eligible the applicant must:
- A minimum 23 SAT score OR have either a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale).
- Be the child of a Kentucky Farm Bureau member and remain such while the scholarship is in force.
- Finish high school within the year they apply for the scholarship.
- For the seperate "Leadership in Agriculture" scholarship, applicant's parents must be actively engaged in production agriculture.
DEADLINE: March 1, 2018
CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY SCHOLARSHIP
The Kentucky Transporation Cabinet awards 5-10 new scholarships each year to qualifying students interested in attending Bluegrass Community & Technical College in Lexington, Kentucky or Big Sandy Community & Technical College in Prestonburg, Kentucky to complete an Associate's Degree in Civil Engineering Technology. Each recipient will receive $3,000 per semester. For more information and to complete an application, click HERE.
DEADLINE: April 1, 2018
KENTUCKY FEDERATION OF REPUBLICAN WOMEN SCHOLARSHIP
A $1,000 Scholarship is given each year to a college-bound high school senior girl who has been politically active in the Republican Party.
- Must be a registered Republican.
- Plan to enroll at an accredited college or University in Kentucky.
- See the Guidance Counselor for more information.
- Completed application must be mailed with a postmark no later than the deadline, applications can be found by CLICKING HERE.
DEADLINE: September 1, 2018
TMAP - TRANSPORTATION MECHANIC APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
TMAP is an exciting new program at KYTC that provides PAID, practical, hands-on experience at the local level of the Department of Highways. Designed for students currently enrolled in an Automotive or Diesel Technology Program through the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS), participants can earn a nationally recognized credential as an "Automotive Technician Specialist Apprentice" in addition to a college degree. The Transportaion Mechanic Apprentice Program meets national standards for registration with the U.S. Department of Labor and the Kentucky Office of Apprenticeship. Deadline to apply is September 1 of the students first semester in the KCTCS program. More information can be found at: http://transportation.ky.gov/Education/Pages/default.aspx